Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Reservation for Women !

Now there is another uproar about “Reservation for women” by the authorities who believe they have the right to decide the fate of any citizen. Let me ask them this simple question: Why are these people concerned with every woman except those who have male relatives and are falsely implicated in serious cases ? These women are not left with any money to support the system and have no one to support them. They are not treated as women at all while framing serious charges against them. These women are left alone to feed themselves, support themselves physically and emotionally and help their families cope against the traumatic situations associated with false cases. They are not considered eligible for any maintenance but are instead considered the most deserving candidates for harassment through the system, cops and even law authorities.
While laws are amended for a special section of women called “wives”, the mothers and sisters are hardly given any rights as human beings. If they believe they are at influential positions which make them eligible to bring about radical changes in laws which can have a very widespread impact, they should do something for the rights, growth and development of those thousands of women in this country who are arrested just on the basis of some false statements given by some unscrupulous wives.

I, as an Indian woman, proudly claim that I do not want any reservation. I wasn’t discriminated against by my parents and was sent to the same school as my brother. I have similar genes and brain as my brother. I work hard like him and have established myself solely on my capabilities. I am a tax payer and a responsible citizen of this country, so I deserve to be consulted in matters deciding the fate of this democratic country.

All that I want is peace and the right to live. I want to be free from false cases and false allegations. I want to first at least be treated equal to any other Indian Citizen. No, I don’t want reservation, I want to be treated like a human more than a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment