Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Friday, July 30, 2010

Boy in court: saw dad rape sister... er, mother taught me to say so

July 29, 2010

A seven-year-old on Wednesday stood in a city court’s witness box for two hours describing how his father had allegedly raped his teenage sister in his presence, only to later reveal that his mother had told him to depose so.

“My mother, aunt and uncle have asked me to say these things. I don’t remember any thing happened on that day. But my mother tutored me for three days on what I should tell the court,” said the boy, in Standard III.

According to the prosecution, the 44-year old father had raped his 17-year-old daughter several times. The girl had claimed her brother stood a mute spectator. The boy’s initial claims included, “My father asked me to strip my sister and then attacked her.”

The contradiction came after the defence asked if he had been discussing the event with his mother. He then admitted he had been tutored.

No comments:

Post a Comment