Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Saturday, August 31, 2013

My wife wants to destroy me, says Om Puri

Om Puri, who has been accused of physical abuse by wife Nandita Puri, says he is the victim
Wednesday, Aug 28, 2013

Actor OM Puri’s wife Nandita Puri has  filed a complaint alleging domestic violence against her husband. 
She has also alleged that Om is “absconding”. However on Monday night he was as accessible and 
forthright as ever.
Sounding deeply wounded but unvanquished by the serious allegation he  said, “I’ve been shooting  
the entire day. If Nandita says I am absconding then I am afraid she is speaking of a situation I am 
not aware of. I have nothing to hide. I don’t need to run away.”
Shocked and embarrassed by the latest in the series of allegations levelled at him by his wife, Om says,
“I don’t even know what domestic violence means. Because I’ve never indulged in it. If anyone, I am 
the victim here, not she.

Only I  know how I’ve suffered all these years just to safeguard and protect my son Ishaan from the 
consequences of my broken marriage.”


But enough, says Om, now. “I’ve taken enough. I can’t any more. My wife wants to destroy me. 
I can’t let her. I’ve responsibilities towards myself, my son and others who are dependent on me.

She thinks she can accuse me of anything and gain sympathy because the laws in this country 
are heavily weighed in favour of women, and  rightly so considering the rise in incidents of violence 
against women in our society.
But the same laws are also misused by privileged vengeful wives who want to destroy their husband’s 
career and life.”
Om  says he won’t allow Nandita to mess with his reputation anymore. “She accuses me of violence. 
I don’t even stay in our flat together anymore. I’ve been living in a humble flat while she lives like a queen 
in the terrace flat, the first home that I bought with my hard-earned money.”
Here, Om’s voice gives way and he breaks down. “I’ve toiled incessantly for 40 years, given my wife and 
son the best life possible. And this is what I get in return?”
He concludes,  “I’ve taken all the pain and humiliation for our son’s sake. But now I’ve reached 
breaking point. I am shortly calling a press conference to clear my name. I am supposed to travel  to 
Europe in a few days to shoot for my next international project. If this ugly allegation prevents me from 
travelling for my work then I promise you, there will be hell to pay.”

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sir/Madam,

    Please visit www.vakilpro.com to get information on how to to send a legal notice, Property Related Legal Opinion , Documentation Services, etc. all over India.

    Team Vakilpro

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for a 498A lawyer in Chandigarh contact us. LawyerChandigarh.com

    ReplyDelete