Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Does Anil Verma have a history of domestic violence?

Jan 28, 2011




New Delhi: Indian Diplomat Anil Verma, accused of physically assaulting his second wife in London, has a history of domestic violence.
Exclusive details accessed by CNN-IBN show that this was not the first time that Anil Verma has faced allegations of domestic violence.
CNN IBN has accessed an FIR filed in 1998 by Verma’s first wife alleging dowry harassment.
Anil Verma's first wife had accused him of dowry harassment and violence in the complaint. The FIR also named Verma’s parents and sisters.
In fact Verma was arrested after his first wife had filed a criminal case against him.
The FIR was later withdrawn when couple agreed to a divorce.
"My husband reduced me to such a state that I started thinking suicide was the only option left to me. He used anger, threat, ridicule, humiliation and violence as weapons on me,” said the FIR.
Earlier, Verma had been recalled from London after his second wife Paromita had accused him of beating her.
Speaking to CNN-IBN, Verma’s first wife said, "there was a marriage. It was an unhappy marriage due to his violent tendencies and dowry demands from him and his family. All of this is a matter of court records.
"I thank god every day that he is no longer in my life and I would like to keep it that way. I have had no contact with Anil Verma or his family in the last 11-12 yrs and have nothing to do with the present case. My family and I have had a very long and difficult journey to get to where we are today and I would like to be left in peace to move forward with my life."
Source: IBNLIVE.in.com

No comments:

Post a Comment