Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Javed Akhtar gets death threats

May 16, 2010


Lyricist Javed Akhtar has received death threats via e-mail after he apparently called an Islamic cleric “insane” during a television debate about the fatwa against working women.

He informed the police about the messages which told him that “your countdown has begun.”

“I started getting a barrage of hate mails post my comments about the fatwa. They are of the opinion that by opposing the fatwa on Muslim working women, I am being anti-Islamic. I have informed the police and they have acted quickly and provided me with security,” Mr. Akhtar told PTI. “These fatwas are not influential. The society does not bother about it. Some people were very outraged by my comments and sent me hate mail but this person has sent me couple of mails that are threatening,” Mr. Akhtar said.

No comments:

Post a Comment