Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Monday, September 13, 2010

Is marriage slavery?

  Mar 15, 2010

I know a lot of guys married to women who deprive them of sex and treat them like money machines. Some of them knew me before they got married, and some of them were attracted to me and had a chance before...and then they complain to me about their wives, or do the "brave face" thing.
I have no sympathy for them. They made their beds.
I'm a firm believer that marriage is slavery. People who want to get married (as opposed to having long term monogamous commitments on good faith) want to be slaves and to have a slave. It's not until after the papers are signed that most of them figure out that a mutual slavery pact is by its nature, ludicrous.
Those for whom marriage is actually meaningful, don't need the paper to be married...but then they also don't treat each other like slaves. They respect one another as full human beings with choices, one choice of which is to leave.
These are the people who either stay together forever, or at least when they do divorce, do a DIY separation agreement. They have no interest in harming each other, just handling the paperwork.
So the problem as I see it, begins with women pervasively pursuing marriage as a goal. Despite their healthier needs and desires, this cultural virus running in the background is messing up their program. Rather than looking for a compatible partner, they search for a slave, which means they will seek out someone who triggers dependency more than a respectful relationship.
I've probably had better relationships because I woke up and stopped pursuing marriage unless it was legally necessary, when I was 20. The problem is that some guys are just as bent on the mutual slavery pact as some women. I lost a few partners due to refusal to put paperwork between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment