Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why I don’t fly British Airways

August 20, 2010


There are a number of reasons that I no longer choose to do my flying with British Airways (BA).
Endless strike action due to their inability to work amicably with their own staff; fairer ticket prices elsewhere and better in-flight entertainment on other airlines. It is most definitely my least favourite airline and I’m not alone in my opinion.

However, chief amongst my reasons for avoiding this unfortunate airline is that they have a policy that specifically targets all men as potential paedophiles. Not some men, all men are considered suspect.
I’m a man and so that means British Airways considers me to be suspect and I take that personally.
This policy is in place, according to BA, in order to protect children from men who might sexually abuse them on flights and it requires men, any man, be moved away from a child who is flying unaccompanied by their parents. If the man refuses to move due to such a nasty supposition, then the police will be called and he will be ejected from the flight. Serious stuff.

One man recently complained about his treatment due to this policy and won his case in court. However, it was a battle and not the war. British Airways policy remains the same.

Another apparent victory regards an email campaign to BA which resulted in them agreeing to alter the wording of their policy so as to not appear to discriminate against men.

Text posted on antimisandry (post here but not available at the time of writing):

Dear [name removed]
Thank you for your email. I am sorry that you are unhappy with our response. I understand that you feel disappointed with our policy about seating for unaccompanied minors. Please also accept my sincere apologies for the delay in our response.

I can confirm that all feedback we have received relating to the unaccompanied minor seating policy has been carefully reviewed and has led to us reassessing the policy in full. The new policy for seating unaccompanied minors who travel with British Airways does not make any distinction between male and female passengers.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. Your business is invaluable to us and we appreciate that you have a choice when it comes to booking your flights. Thank you again for getting in touch and for giving me the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
Best regards
[name removed]

British Airways Customer Relations

However, this does not mean that the policy is not the same as before, nor does it mean that BA has accepted any wrongdoing, it just means that men are now targeted below the politically correct radar.

It is still men that will be moved and not women for the simple reason that women would not tolerate such hateful treatment and would make BA pay by not flying with them. Men, on the other hand, happily finance BA’s hatred with their ticket purchases.

Men have no clue of how to defend themselves and so the assault goes on with their willing assistance. You couldn’t make this stuff up.


Source: manwomanmyth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment