Mr.Rebates

Mr. Rebates

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Misuse of DOWRY LAW (498A) Victims Story


Sunday, February 20, 2005


I'm one of the dowry Prohibition Act (IPC-498A) victim.
We got married on 26th April 1997.
Ours was arranged marriage, Since beginning she was not ready to mingle with my Family, only one week we stayed with my parents then we went to Bombay, where I was working. In the 2nd week of marriage she demanded DIVORCE, which I was not ready to give, then she and her family started to harass me, After one year our 1st child born; I found out, that she had affair with other man, and she wanted to marry him. But I never questioned her about it. After she come back from delivery, she started act strange, her words were sharp, and she was doing as her mother/sister tell her. Even once her mother told her in front me, NOT to cook. And she did that. I fought with her that day. She was complaining I was not doing, as she wanted.

All she wanted is; I have to do as she says
I have to give money to her brothers, whenever they want, and never ask it to return.
I have to give all my salary in her hand to manage home
I Should not ask, where she goes at night
I have to wish her all Family members on occasion, but she never done same to my Family.
Her Father was threatened me that I have to cook for her Even After coming back from Office
I have to bring Good Expensive whisky when Family members come home, when I refuse to do coz I'm not drinking and I'm against alcohol; she made to promise to our neighbor that i will start drinking [I see women who pray/do pasting for their husband to STOP drinking.]
She was insulting me when I drink Pepsi in get-together, saying its Childs drink.
She was telling smoking was style of society- coz I was not smoking.
She was telling she was not SLAVE to do house hold work.
I was doing my laundry
I can challenge any women in cooking (she never been to kitchen till her marriage)
She never know how to hold a needle - I was stitching kids cloths and buttons
She Demanded to write my Flat to her name
She always demanded to make more new gold ornaments-now she took all my gold with her.
My Relatives should not come to my house.

On 18th June, At Night 11.30 she called 7/8 relatives to my house, and threatened me, Almost 2 hours they harassed me, threatened me, try to beat; As a Christian I took this matter to Church, on 1st July Church Priest arranged meeting but they walked away insulted, After 2 days at night she came with some women relatives took all my money/gold insurance by force. I did`t went to police, thinking it should not made public, but next morning she lodged false complaint of dowry harassment on me. When I came back from office police were waiting for me. I was charge sheeted, I never took or demanded single paise as dowry, and even I gave half of the money as wedding expenses.

Many times I tried to make her understand, our church priest also called her so many times, she was not ready to listen anything, at last our church priest said I'm going abroad, on new job so she came back only for one night to find out, the truth that I'm going aboard or not. As I was not sure about my project, so next day she just fade away as she came.

After 4 months when I requested in court to verify the case, she came to the court Second time and asked for compromise, on condition that I've to take her back from her house, still I agreed for that and I went to her parents house in Mangalore, but she or her parents were Angry and were not ready to talk, Her Father tried to hit me, so I came back Empty handed 5th Time.

On 28th October night 3 men came to my Flat, to threaten me, I did`t opened the door; I knew who they are and sent by whom. Her sister Husband was arrested/convicted for murder of his Brother-in-law for 7 years, and they have criminal background, in Bombay for just 1000Rs they murder someone. I did`t went to police because before that, also I went to lodge complaint, when her Family members threatened me to break my arms and limbs, Police made me to wait for 2 hours, and took my statement, but did nothing. Next day everyone advised me to leave the city.
On 30th Oct 2000 I left India
without telling whereabouts to my parents even.
I was contacting my friend through Email and asking for the court date.

After 5 years, this case is still going on, she never came to the court, but LAW turn blind eye on that, if I'm not present for one court date, they issue Arrest warrant for me. Even my lawyer is not doing anything, he try to get more money, I paid so much money, and totally I spent 3 Lakhs of Rupees in last 5 years. Still nothing happened.
Court issued 4 Warrants against me so far, After Every Warrant i went to indian and Cancelled it, my lawyer says Court sent summons to her; she never came to the court to prove her complaint; unless she comes i cann`t prove my innocence. Law / Court / Judge is not doing anything than give dates after dates.

Meanwhile i wrote to President of india and he forwarded my mail to Karnataka State Legal Authority, as i`m native of Karnataka; They Adivced me to approch Maharashtra State legal Authority as my case is in Vasai - Thane - Maharashtra. i wrote to them and went to meet too but concerned Officer was not in his office for 2 days.

Now After MSLA order my case is Transferd to Deputation Court,and new judge gave me another date.

If her complaint was true, why she is not coming to court.

If i ever took or Demanded single paise as dowry, i would have never dare to write to President of india or any Law Authorities.

In india women do anything thats right,they have Law support Even Misuse of law.

If women ask for Divorce and her husband is not coming to court,court send strickt notice and finish this divorce within 6 months; If same man do and women is not coming,court give date after date,and he will not get divorce for 6 years unless he goes to higher Court.

This is our Great Law.


A victim
Rudolph Dsouza
http://misuseof498a.clawz.com

2 comments:

  1. You can find complete Real life story here http://mynation.net/abio/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like to know about 498A misuse and a solution for this law so please go to watch the upcoming movie on the misuse of dowry law of section 498A IPC. This motion picture directed by the great director Suhaib Ilyasi.

    ReplyDelete