Here are a few things that you will need to look for in a quality Private Detection firm:
· Experience - What is the background of the investigator? Were they military policy, law enforcement, FBI or did they take a two weeks correspondence course online?
· Licensed - A good Private Investigator will be licensed to work in their state. Every state has a licensing program for private investigators and if they cannot provide documentation of their license then you should steer clear.
· Insurance - A Private Investigator will be working on your behalf and acting as your agent. That means that you will be responsible for anything that they may do while working your case and that includes getting injured. Make sure that they have good insurance because if their insurance can't do the job then it will fall back on yours to foot the bill.
Once you have selected a dependable Private Detection firm you will want to ask a few questions before hiring them. You should ask:
· How much will it cost?
· Have the investigators ever been on cases similar to yours? If so, how many and what was the outcome of the cases.
· Are they fully insured and bonded?
· What procedures do they have in place to protect your confidentiality if you need anonymity?
· Will the person that you are talking to be the one handling the case or will it be handed off to other people. If it will be handed off then you will need to ask the other person all of the above questions as well.
If you have good meetings with the investigator and you are satisfied by the answers to all of your questions then it is safe to hire them to work your case. There are a lot of scam artists when it comes to Private Investigation but it is worth searching through them to find the truly professional firms.
Author Craig Lawson. You can find more about private investigation services at Atlanta Private Investigator or visit their blog at
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Craig_Lawson